2013-12-05

Black Friday Down

So it would seem that "Black Friday" weekend sales figures are down 3% overall from last year. Despite the soulless corporations sticking their cocks even farther into Thanksgiving Day than ever before.

Some would say the drop in sales might be due to some of the masses actually finally getting fed up and refusing to shop on that weekend due to the business practice of invading the holiday even more. But that's wishful thinking. Americans are drooling fucking fucksticks who will spend twice their monthly income to "save" a few dollars.

Personally, I think the sales are down because people are fucking poor. Hard to spend money on shit when you're trying to pay back student loans on McJob wages. If the CEOs of corporations would stop thinking they deserve to have their executive washroom's toilet paper made from $1000 bills and actually PAY their employees a wage that didn't mandate said employees staying on food stamps, we might see sales increase.

Of course, the feckless monsters will see the solution to simply start the sales EVEN EARLIER, ruining the only time in the year that a lot of people have with their extended families.

No, I am not laying the blame solely on the businesses. Corporations are amoral by nature. The average CEO may rank high on the "Am I clinically a psychopath?" scale; but they wouldn't think to open their doors on holidays if their wasn't an indicator that their would be people walking through those doors. The blame lays on you idiots who made Black Friday so profitable for them.

Yes, I've been guilty of being one of the idiots camping outside early on Friday. But I grew out of it. In fact, I've vowed to not set foot in a store until after New Year's if it was open on Thanksgiving. Of course, that does not include businesses that have ALWAYS been open on Thanksgiving. Have to put that disclaimer in for the drooling fucktards that will say something stupid like "Oh, not going to the gas station? Hur hur hur. Herpyderpderp."

You are not your possessions.

No comments: