What sparks things that scare us?
What I was really small the thing I was scared of the most was, of all things, The BLOB. For some reason that movie ( the original ) scared the bejeebuz out of me to the point of hallucinations. Of course it didn't help that my uncle (mother's side) would egg on my fear with all sorts of antics.
Later on, the Blob was replaced by GHOST STORY. Specifically one scene where the old man is driving and she appears out of nowhere. Even to this day I have trouble driving along wooded roads in the winter.
The last of my childhood fears was created by the novel, IT. I would walk the railroad tracks home and pass over an area that, in my mind, was a mirror of the area that the Loser Club would play. Walking home late at night I could envision Pennywise in one of his incarnations sliding up from the bay and try to drag me to the place where they all FLOAT!
Funny how sometimes memories of fear can take your mind away from being depressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment